Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
We are a data, digital and strategic agency, who create transformational change at pace.
We are 50% owned by WPP, which enables us to enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network; whilst retaining our independent pioneering spirit, which is as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed.
We have eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 600 digital specialists; there are about 60 of us in the London office.
Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly environment , that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone interested in joining SYZYGY should have an entrepreneurial mindset and happily adhere to our agency values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, you love making a difference.
Collaborative: we work as a team, believing we are all stronger together.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, you bring a fresh perspective to everything.
Integrity: you always do the right thing, for our clients and the agency; which is why people love working with and for SYZYGY!
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-jee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITILE: SEO Senior Account Manager
JOB PURPOSE: The Senior Account Manager is responsible for forming and driving strategy for clients. They will support the Account Director in managing the junior members of the SEO team and maximise the opportunities, revenue and exposure of clients’ campaigns to the benefit of both Client & Agency
REPORTING TO: Account Director
What does the role involve?
- Working directly with clients in planning, implementing, and reviewing their SEO strategy
- Managing the account team to deliver the SEO strategy for your clients, ensuring high quality of work and timely delivery, and leading by example in the production of recommendations and deliverables
- Being the lead point of contact on your accounts, leading client communication and calls with senior client stakeholders, and working with them from planning through to recommendations and implementation
- Creation and management of client roadmaps and project plans with the Account Director
- Project managing client activity – creating briefs, delegating, and reviewing deliverables
- Work hand-in-hand with the account director and assume a principal role in the development of account/campaign strategies to enable commercial growth of accounts
- Supporting and joining new business pitches
- Liaise with other teams within the agency to achieve client goals, such as our Paid Media, Data, UX, or Content teams
What are we looking for?
- Relevant online experience within an SEO role, working with mid-senior level stakeholders
- Strong technical SEO knowledge, including using a variety of crawling tools (e.g. Screaming Frog, Deepcrawl, Sitebulb)
- Experience managing client relationships with clear and concise communication
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems a bonus (AEM/Sitecore/Prismic or similar)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience managing projects, delegating and working with a team to complete projects
- Fluent written and spoken English. A second language is a bonus
- Confident communicator who is comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
- Agency, Media Owner or Client Side experience essential
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.