Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
We are a data, digital and strategic agency, who create transformational change at pace.
We are 50% owned by WPP, which enables us to enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network; whilst retaining our independent pioneering spirit, which is as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed.
We have eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 600 digital specialists; there are about 60 of us in the London office.
Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly environment , that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone interested in joining SYZYGY should have an entrepreneurial mindset and happily adhere to our agency values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, you love making a difference.
Collaborative: we work as a team, believing we are all stronger together.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, you bring a fresh perspective to everything.
Integrity: you always do the right thing, for our clients and the agency; which is why people love working with and for SYZYGY!
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-jee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITLE: Senior e-commerce account manager
LOCATION: Central London (Holborn) – shiny brand new office with a rooftop
JOB PURPOSE: To maximise the opportunities, revenue and exposure of clients’ search campaigns to the benefit of both Client & Agency.
REPORTING TO: Head of paid media
What does the role involve?
- Work hand in hand with the Head of paid media and assume a principal role in the development of account/campaign strategies to enable future growth of accounts.
- Assume responsibility for development of team Account Managers & Senior Analyst and Analysts.
- Cross-sell and up-sell business internal and industry tools & technologies.
- Develop strong media owner relationships; ensuring clients are first to market with relevant beta trials.
- Keep Account Director abreast of all client activity, communication and developments.
- Adhere to deadlines given by client/Head of paid media.
- Effectively manage any external/internal queries/issues on Account.
- Co-ordinate relationship and work load between team members.
- Take responsibility for the strategy and team coordination required to achieve client KPI targets.
- Develop cross-digital strategies for the client.
- Management of ad copy strategy & optimisation.
- Management of keyword selection and optimisation strategy.
- Management of tracking, trafficking and bid management through appropriate tools (may be one of Campaign Manager, SA360 and Social platforms etc.).
- Proactively innovate and drive new channels and initiatives to encourage profitable growth.
- Maintain communication with Finance and Technical and Data Insight teams.
- Approve budget reconciliations and bookings for your accounts.
- Ensure that all company financial processes and deadlines put in place are adhered to, and that all work is produced to a high degree of accuracy.
- Monitor delivery of client campaigns to ensure accuracy of delivery.
- Assume lead responsibility for future planning and forecasting at a campaign and account level.
- Responsible for ensuring all weekly, monthly & ad hoc reports for the Client are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure the team performs daily ad checks on competitor activity and reported to the client.
- Regularly relay latest Search & Industry related data to the client and internally.
- Assist in new business opportunities.
- Establish and develop Client relations at a senior level.
- Organise & attend client meetings, chairing discussions and providing informative account insight to grow the account and gain competitive advantage.
- Coordinate all presentation materials for Client meetings and conference calls.
- Reply to all Client correspondence as priority or delegating this to others in the team as necessary.
What are we looking for?
- 3 to for 4 years online experience minimum within a biddable media role.
- Strong PPC background with exposure to other digital channels.
- E-commerce and Google shopping knowledge. Amazon desirable.
- Ability to forecast and build cross-channel manage monthly PPC budgets more than £300k.
- Experience working with promotional calendars and promo ads scheduling and budgeting.
- Data studio advanced knowledge would be highly desirable.
- Experience with a range of paid social activations including feed-based ads and reach/awareness goals.
- Strong creative and messaging understanding in relation to paid media best practice
- Experienced at working in fast agile environments, responding to demanding client.
- Experience managing and optimising hyper local PPC accounts and campaign structures.
- Interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Strong organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong client service experience; delivering weekly performance updates via calls and email, responding to ad hoc requests and managing client expectations.
- Strong commercial acumen and eye for developing profitable service delivery models for agency.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.