SYZYGY has been designing and building great experiences for more than two decades. With a roster of clients you’d want on your CV (PayPal, GSK, Dignity, the V&A and many more) we provide a wealth of opportunity for imaginative and ambitious talent. We have over 700 digital specialists in eight locations, with our new Holborn office playing host to 55 media, strategy, data, creative and user experience colleagues. As part of WPP, SYZYGY enjoys the benefits that the world’s largest agency network brings. However, our clients and colleagues love our independent pioneering spirit, still as strong today as it was in 1995.
JOB TITLE: Project Director
REPORTING TO: Director of Media
What does the role involve?
This role with require building and developing teams, putting in place the necessary mechanics for PMOs and organisations to work effectively, and creating communication strategies that keep teammates, leaders, and customers informed. Your strong goal orientation is a key ingredient to inspiring and focusing the teams you lead and influence.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a highly motivated and a customer-oriented problem solver and a strong team player. You thrive when bringing order to chaos and navigating ambiguity. You strategise paths forward when others cannot and adapt quickly to change. You are as comfortable and capable in the weeds solving problems as you are hovering high and working strategically. The tool kit required for both is necessary: focus on problem solving, accountability and outcomes, strong ability to influence others at multiple levels, initiative, drive, and structured analytical thinking. Ultimately focused on delivering the right solutions to our client’s needs.
You are an excellent fit for this role if you are an experienced program and organisational leader with a reputation for getting things done, who scales quickly, thinks critically, acts responsibly, and partners naturally across a variety of functions. Your sound judgment, negotiation skills, and analytical talents are essential to your success.
- Planning and scoping projects including business requirement, project scope, risks, dependencies and issues.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered to agreed deadlines and business requirements.
- Working with client’s key stakeholders including web, app and product teams to meet their technological and project goals.
- Manage and improve workflows for future projects.
- Manage the intake and prioritisation of requests and business rules and coordinate implementation by multiple development/support/operations teams.
- Partner with stakeholders across the client business to understand their needs and use cases, and help align their needs with solutions.
- Drive programs and process improvements using metrics, generate progress reports and conduct ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis as needed.
- Effectively manage complex cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimise business benefit while building great customer experience.
- Use problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements.
- Serve as a bridge between business need and technical implementation whilst ensuring we do not lose sight of the customer.
What are we looking for?
- University Degree (or international equivalent).
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in program and/or product management of digital marketing and data projects.
- Demonstrable past experience in a director level program manager role
- Effectively manage international cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimise business benefit while building great customer experience
- Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
- Serve as a bridge between business need and technical implementation and the ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects in parallel across various project management systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential: clear, organised, concise with an ability to adapt to appropriate audience in a business setting including C-Suite level stakeholders.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and analytical thinking skills are critical to success within this position
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organisational skills
- Capacity to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems
At SYZYGY, the success of our company is down to our exceptional talent so this is why we’re proud to offer you such a large range of different benefits! Here’s a quick pick of what we offer.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays
- 3 gift days at Christmas
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Health cover
- Enhanced pension
- Discounted gym membership
- Beer O’Clock: Every week we like to celebrate the work we’ve done with a drink (and snack). It’s tools down at 5pm each Friday for some social time with the team and a friendly (or not) table tennis match.
We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more.