Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
With eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 650 digital specialists, we successfully grow our clients’ businesses by building international brand awareness and increasing sales through a variety of digital channels.
In London, there are about 60 of us, planning and executing these effective digital experiences. With a constant eye on what’s next and an attitude grounded in agility and speed, we aim to future-proof our clients’ businesses.
We are also part of WPP so enjoy the benefits that the world’s largest agency network brings. However our clients and colleagues love the independent pioneering spirit, still as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed. Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly culture that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone joining SYZYGY will have an entrepreneurial mind and happily adhere to our Agency Values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, and you love taking initiatives.
Collaborative: we work as a team, Not only across different department but also across all offices within SYZYGY Group.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, and you always strive for more
Integrity: you do the right thing for the right person and you help our clients to be better by producing extraordinary work.
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-gee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITLE: Senior Account Executive
JOB PURPOSE: To maximise the delivery, efficiency and ROI of Clients Paid Search (PPC) Campaigns to the benefit of both Client & Agency.
REPORTING TO: Account Manager
What does the role involve?
- Directly support Paid Search Account Director and Account Manager on a regular basis and to keep them abreast of all activity, communication and developments.
- Management of ad copy strategy & optimisation.
- Continual optimisation of paid search campaigns through on-going campaign refinement via search query analysis, ad copy testing & bid analysis etc.
- Management of keyword selection, implementation and optimisation strategy.
- Management of tracking, trafficking and bid management through appropriate tools (may be one of DoubleClick, Marin, Kenshoo, etc.).
- Utilising & identifying tools like Ads scripts to drive overall performance & scale activity.
- Good understanding of website and data analytic tools such Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- Monitor delivery of client campaigns ensuring accuracy of delivery.
- Monitor Search Engine budget spend and identify opportunities to increase incremental spend within your accounts.
- Effectively manage any external/internal queries/issues on Account.
- Co-ordinate relationship and workload between junior team members.
- Be responsible for the training and development of Account Executives.
- Proactively innovate, identify new opportunities, drive new ideas and initiatives to encourage profitable growth.
- Maintain close communication with other Digital Channels, Finance, Planning and Technical & Data Insight teams.
- Ensure that all company financial processes and deadlines put in place are adhered to, and that all work is produced to a high degree of accuracy.
- Ensure that all internal and external processes and deadlines are adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring all weekly, monthly & ad hoc client reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Show a clear understanding of the dynamics between key PPC KPI’s & comment on weekly performance fluctuations.
- Be proficient in reporting using Google Ads, Bing Ads, Yandex, DoubleClick, etc.
- Ability to create and manage dashboards showing performance across all channels for key KPI’s.
- Regularly relay latest Search & Industry related data to the client and internally.
- Assist in new business opportunities if/when required.
What are we looking for?
- University Degree (or international equivalent).
- One year of relevant agency, client-side or media owner experience.
- Fluent written and spoken English. A second language is a bonus.
- Maths Qualification (GCSE, A Level or international equivalent) desirable, along with evidence of mathematical competency.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Google Partners qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of bid management platforms such as DoubleClick, Marin or Kenshoo
- Knowledge of website and data analytic tools such Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
- Knowledge of call tracking software
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.