Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
We are a data, digital and strategic agency, who create transformational change at pace.
We are 50% owned by WPP, which enables us to enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network; whilst retaining our independent pioneering spirit, which is as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed.
We have eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 600 digital specialists; there are about 60 of us in the London office.
Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly environment , that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone interested in joining SYZYGY should have an entrepreneurial mindset and happily adhere to our agency values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, you love making a difference.
Collaborative: we work as a team, believing we are all stronger together.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, you bring a fresh perspective to everything.
Integrity: you always do the right thing, for our clients and the agency; which is why people love working with and for SYZYGY!
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-jee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITLE: New Business & Marketing Manager (Content)
REPORTING TO: Strategy Director
CONTRACT: 3 days per week, with potential to grow depending on demand
START DATE: Jan 2021
Why we need this role
With a refined proposition and a growing reputation as a distinctive digital, experience and data consultancy, we have bold ambitions to grow our client base in 2021. Organic growth is good: our clients like us and want to do more with us. Where we need help is converting leads into new clients.
Our ability to do this currently is constrained by a lack of resource and time for developing compelling pitch responses and marketing content.
You will be responsible for helping us turn leads into clients by developing a wide collection of marketing and new business content – as well as taking the lead on pitch responses.
Where we specifically need support:
- Setting the Foundations
- Helping to refine our proposition: providing strategic advice on our proposition and how it can be best communicated in the marketplace, in line with competition and client demands
- Setting tone of voice and style: how we should talk not just what we say
- Developing a content strategy for the agency to use across our website, social and in line with PR agency plans
- Developing our ‘master’ marketing content including creds decks, case studies and other boiler plate content. Ensure we have a central source/repository for this key marketing content that can be harnessed for different purposes
- Managing ‘Always on’
- Writing, coordinating and publishing content across our website and social channels
- Liaison with our PR agency to ensure PR content is being amplified
- ‘Just in time’ pitch support
- Creating content to support new business opportunities: research, thought leadership content, case studies that are relevant to the specific opportunity – helping us secure meetings or pitch briefs (in coordination with lead generation agency)
- Coordinating and writing pitch responses including proposals, RFI responses and pitch decks (in partnership with specialists/channel experts)
- Coordinating and writing responses to award entries
- Supporting ad hoc events we participate in or speak at, with content provision
What are we looking for?
You will have an intrinsic sense of what makes impactful, relevant content – as well as what doesn’t. You understand the agency pitch process and the important role content can have in influencing clients and communicating agency thinking.
Importantly, you can both think strategically and dive into the detail. There is large element of writing involved in this role: you need to be able to make complex topics understandable and dry content sound persuasive.
More about what we expect:
- Attention to detail.
- Pitch experience –developing compelling proposals that articulate a clear point of difference
- A natural champion of content. You love content and its power to persuade and inspire
- Brilliant writing, whether it’s a Tweet or an RFI response. You can tell a story
- Solid channel knowledge: how websites, email, social, search and other channels can play a role in reaching prospects – plus experience managing these channels to best effect
- Experience planning content across these channels, relevant to target audiences
- Collaborative in practice, not just as a nice thing to say.
- Calm and patient under pressure. Even when your internet is failing.
- Love the future; curious and interested in trends and industry best practice.
- Attention to detail.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.