SYZYGY has been designing and building great experiences for more than two decades. With a roster of clients you’d want on your CV (PayPal, Mazda, L’Oréal and many more) we provide a wealth of opportunity for imaginative and ambitious talent. We have over 700 digital specialists in eight locations, with our new Holborn office playing host to 75 media, tech, creative, data, and user experience colleagues. As part of WPP, SYZYGY enjoys the benefits that the world’s largest agency network brings. However, our clients and colleagues love our independent pioneering spirit, still as strong today as it was in 1995.
JOB TITLE: Media Strategist
REPORTING TO: Head of Planning
LOCATION: Central London
What does the role involve?
The SYZYGY planning team deliver award-winning, innovative strategies for all of our clients. We do this through distilling insights from existing activity, research, trend analysis, competitor behaviour, interviews and client workshops. We consider ourselves problem solvers and innovators that work collaboratively with the client delivery teams and the client to accelerate performance and bring fresh perspectives to activity. In the role you will also lead the media strategy for pitches and support the cross-sell and up-sell of other channels, activities and projects.
You will own all aspects of media strategy and planning, including but not limited to:
- Strategy development – working with the client delivery team to identify an approach and strategy across multiple media disciplines
- Understanding the use of attribution, media mix modelling and planning tools to pull together insights and audience behaviours
- Building strong relationships with mid and senior level client stakeholders and internal agency teams
- Understanding of marketing technology landscape and how this technology can help activate performance campaigns
- Work with client delivery team to help generate insight that leads to in-flight optimisation and testing
- Pro-actively monitor the digital landscape to identify trends and partners for our clients
- Build media strategy for new business pitches with a focus on data-driven performance marketing
What are we looking for?
You are analytical, methodological and know the digital media landscape inside out. You have experience developing media strategies that have overachieved for different brands and campaigns. You can move fast, but equally, your recommendations are grounded in insight. You’re comfortable working independently and in a team.
- Experience developing digital media strategies for large clients that ensure they reach addressable audiences across multiple channels
- Strong understanding of attribution and digital measurement
- Strong knowledge and passion of all digital channels
- Working knowledge of third-party digital marketing research tools
- Strong knowledge the Google Marketing Platform and how this is used to maximise media strategy performance, knowledge of other DSPs, the Adobe Marketing Platform and Adservers is a bonus
- Presentation skills: ability to explain recommendations in clear and compelling ways
- Awareness of non-digital channels an advantage but not a requirement
At SYZYGY, the success of our company is down to our exceptional talent so this is why we’re proud to offer you such a large range of different benefits! Here’s a quick pick of what we offer.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays
- 3 gift days at Christmas
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Health cover
- Enhanced pension
- Discounted gym membership
- Beer O’Clock: Every week we like to celebrate the work we’ve done with a drink (and snack). It’s tools down at 5pm each Friday for some social time with the team and a friendly (or not) table tennis match.
We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more.
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.