Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
We are a data, digital and strategic agency, who create transformational change at pace.
We are 50% owned by WPP, which enables us to enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network; whilst retaining our independent pioneering spirit, which is as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed.
We have eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 600 digital specialists; there are about 60 of us in the London office.
Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly environment , that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone interested in joining SYZYGY should have an entrepreneurial mindset and happily adhere to our agency values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, you love making a difference.
Collaborative: we work as a team, believing we are all stronger together.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, you bring a fresh perspective to everything.
Integrity: you always do the right thing, for our clients and the agency; which is why people love working with and for SYZYGY!
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-jee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITLE: Account Director
JOB PURPOSE: Working closely with the Client Services Director and Director of Media, you will be responsible for leading the management of key client relationships, which encompasses managing day-to-day operations, with a high level of efficiency and helping maintain growth.
Working across clients which require delivery of different digital disciplines, so managing the support teams and specialists to provide the right expertise to meet their business challenges.
REPORTING TO: Client Services Director
What does the role involve?
- Leadership. Passionate about delivering excellent client service. Understand our clients business and inspire teams and colleagues by embracing our way of working and by demonstrating the benefits of how its good for them.
- Help win, keep and grow business. Agencies get hired for their skills and fired for their behaviour. Delight clients with service quality. Make clients feel safe. Work with team specialists to manage client delivery requirements, ensure responsiveness, assurance and reliability. Drive us to produce impactful work, with a relentless desire to push for more.
- Management of key client relationships and delivery. Build strong partnerships with existing senior stakeholders quickly and grow new ones. Oversee large scale client engagements with multiple project tracks and teams whilst anticipating, defusing and resolving and conflict effectively. Complete business reviews and monitor client satisfaction levels.
- Strategic thinking. Having a strong strategic mind with the ability to lead, advise and influence clients at all levels. Guide solutions to client challenges whilst being able to bring new ideas to the table. Have a deep understanding of aligning consumer goals and business goals.
- Team management. Ability to successfully manage multple specialist teams and agency partners to deliver the best/expected outcomes. Provide guidance and support to junior team members. Ensure work is delivered effeciently and effectively and working within the agency processes.
- Commercial management. Create and manage the client scopes of work, use of resources and any KPI deliverables. Complete internal reporting requirements on forecast and actual budgets. Produce client growth plans with commercial targets.
- New Business. participate in or lead new business pitches, collaborating with the wider team to ensure that we deliver a winning response that stands out.
Skills and experience that will help ensure your success
- Experience in working at senior stakeholder level
- Experience in a Client Service role within a digital agency working with Global clients
- Experience in running client management processes from proposal through to scope of work and then billing and reconciliation.
- Very good knowledge of wider digital marketing disciplines – especially data and CX.
- Good knowledge of key digital media channels and SEO
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders across several clients
- Strong commercial acumen, proven track record of account growth and development
- Experience in working as part of an inter agency team
Personal Characteristics you’ll need
- Collaborative, honest, trustworthy
- Challenging, determined, driven
- Flexible, co-operative, hands-on
- Emotional Intelligence – the ability to hear what’s not being said
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Passionate, strong work ethic
- Gravitas at a senior level
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.