SYZYGY has been designing and building great experiences for more than two decades. With a roster of clients you’d want on your CV (PayPal, Mazda, L’Oréal and many more) we provide a wealth of opportunity for imaginative and ambitious talent. We have over 700 digital specialists in eight locations, with our new Holborn office playing host to 75 media, tech, creative, data, and user experience colleagues. As part of WPP, SYZYGY enjoys the benefits that the world’s largest agency network brings. However, our clients and colleagues love our independent pioneering spirit, still as strong today as it was in 1995.
JOB TITLE: Digital Strategist (mid-level)
REPORTING TO: Strategy Director
LOCATION: Central London
What does the role involve?
Joining the dots. You distil insights from disparate research, trend reports, interviews, conversations and workshops into digital recommendations and strategies for our clients. You understand business, marketing, content and media and the strategic pressures of our clients. You are equally comfortable planning and running workshops with senior stakeholders as you are interviewing and observing people to gather insight. You help pitch and win new work. We have Strategy and UX as part of one team for a reason: you believe that strategic decisions should be derived from legitimate consumer insight.
- Convert client-articulated requirements, briefs, thoughts and problems into strategically sound digital proposals
- Utilise appropriate methodologies to undertake consumer, brand and sector research that provides specific insights for projects and pitches
- Work closely with data specialists to bring together qual and quant to uncover relevant, actionable insights
- Plan and facilitate focused workshops with large groups of stakeholders, e.g., to gather requirements, plot customer journeys or map out content across a customer life cycle
- Work closely with other disciplines including UX, design, tech, SEO and data to ensure the products we build are in line with our strategic recommendations
- Work collaboratively on pitches, proposals and other new business outputs
- Document strategies and ideas that are compelling, logical and actionable: provide the “so what” for clients
- Present recommendations to stakeholder groups; pitch in new projects
- Present to agency on topical trends and behaviours relevant to the business
- Support agency marketing and PR with presentations, comments and opinion pieces
What are we looking for?
The world we design for changes every day with new devices, tools, channels, behaviours and opportunities continuously appearing. We need a strategist who embraces this change, can spot the relevant insights and craft them into compelling strategic recommendations. As part of a small team, you are proactive too, with a willingness to muck in and jump between different projects and disciplines where needed.
- Relevant experience working in a digital strategy role with full ownership of the research and strategy on major projects and clients
- Strong research methodologies with the ability to quickly uncover and distil relevant insights
- Experience and confidence planning and facilitating multi-discipline workshops with large client teams
- Entrepreneurial: able to spot a trend and turn it into a client opportunity
- Experience expressing, justifying and presenting ideas and concepts in different formats
- Curious about the ways in which human behaviour intersects with technology innovation
- Working knowledge of modern technologies and data platforms
- Love working as part of a team, collaborating with UX, media, data, creative and technology experts to educate and learn from
- Confident and passionate about your work and able to present findings to clients in a convincing and persuasive manner
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Awareness of the full customer lifecycle and the relevance of different touchpoints
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to extract actionable information from interviews and other primary research
- Agile, flexible, can think on feet, adaptable to different requests and circumstances
At SYZYGY, the success of our company is down to our exceptional talent so this is why we’re proud to offer you such a large range of different benefits! Here’s a quick pick of what we offer.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays
- 3 gift days at Christmas
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Health cover
- Enhanced pension
- Discounted gym membership
- Beer O’Clock: Every week we like to celebrate the work we’ve done with a drink (and snack). It’s tools down at 5pm each Thursday for some social time with the team and a friendly (or not) game of table tennis or table foosball.
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more.